What Financial Aid is available?
Federal and state student aid is available for students enrolled in eligible programs at approved schools.
Summit Academy OIC participates in five financial aid programs:
- The Federal Pell Grant Program
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- The Minnesota State Grant Program
- The Federal Work-Study Program
- The Minnesota State Work-Study Program
Both federal and state grants are financial aid that does not have to be repaid. The grant amounts are based on need, cost of attendance and enrollment status.
The work-study program allows students to earn money for educational expenses while enrolled in school. The following is a list of some of the eligibility requirements for these programs:
- Students must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens with a valid social security number
- Students must have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Male students must have registered for the selective services (federal programs only)
To apply for Federal and State Financial Aid students must be prepared to know/provide the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Card or Passport/Visa (for eligible non-citizens)
- Current year tax forms
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), go to www.fafsa.ed.gov for the online application (recommended) or download below. Have the above documents ready and enter 015950 for School Code.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the financial aid application process,
please contact our Financial Aid Counselor at (612) 377-0150.