PSEO Career Options
The Summit Academy OIC Post-Secondary Enrollment Career Options (PSEO) prrogram offers high school juniors and seniors the option to earn high school credits while learning a trade at a post-secondary vocational school.
Consider PSEO if you are:
- A high school junior or senior
- Interested in construction or healthcare
- Unsure if you want to go to college
- Interested in learning a trade that qualifies you for a job after you complete high school
PSEO students train at Summit for 20 weeks for a career in one or more of the following areas:
Pre-Apprentice Carpentry/Cement Mason
Pre-Apprentice Carpentry/Heavy Equipment Operator
Pre-Apprentice Carpentry/Residential Electrician
Pre-Apprentice Carpentry/Residential Plumbing
Pre-Apprentice Carpentry/Sheet Metal Worker
Pre-Apprentice Carpentry/Weatherization Technician
Women Wear Hard Hats Too
- Earn high school credits while learning career skills
- Prepare for the world of work
- Receive hands-on experience
- Free bus passes
- Performance incentives
- Earn a Certificate from an accredited institution
- Tuition paid through the Minnesota Department of Education
How to Enroll
Students should discuss PSEO options with their high school counselor and obtain a PSEO Application. Students are requested to inform the high school before March 30 if considering participation in the program the following academic year.
- Parents/Guardians and a high school counselor must complete the PSEO Application
- Create student account
- Submit admissions application
- Schedule reading and math entrance exam
- Mail or fax the PSEO Application to your Admissions Counselor by the enrollment deadline date. Call 612-377-0150 or check the calendar for dates.
For more information about the MN Department of Education Post Secondary Enrollment Options program, visit the MN Department of Education website or download a summary below.