100% Tuition Covered
Who is the right fit?
Summit Academy OIC is actively looking for candidates who need and want training and a career in the fields of Construction, Healthcare and Information Technology.
You could have a little or a lot experience in any of these industries but you’re looking for the professional training and network to move you ahead in your career. Our faculty has experience instructing students in both categories.
What Are The Benefits of Summit’s Programs?
20 Week Program
Summit Academy’s training programs are designed to equip you with the skills needed to begin a career in only 20 weeks. We want to help you get to work as quickly as possible and start earning a livable wage. You will have all the skills you need to begin your career upon completing the program.
No Tuition Payments
You will not need to make any tuition payments or take out any student loans. We work to ensure your tuition is paid for entirely by grants, scholarships and contracts. Again, it does not require any payment plan or loans. Your paychecks should go into your bank account and not towards student loans
We will advocate for you and work with you to help place you in a career with a livable wage. Our Career Services department partners with you from the beginning of the program and you have access to their services for life as a Summit graduate.
HOW TO ENROLL
Attend an information session. Information Sessions are offered at 10 am every Wednesday at Summit Academy OIC and take approximately 1-1.5 hours.
Summit Academy OIC
935 Olson Memorial Highway
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Visit the map for directions
During the information session:
You will get an in-depth understanding of the programs that Summit offers.
You may discuss program options with Enrollment staff and tour the building.
You may get started on your next Enrollment steps including submission of your application.
Turn in your application to enroll in the program of your choosing at the time of your choosing.
- Classes start every 10 weeks and class times are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-2:50pm.
Take the Assessment Exam. The assessment exam lets you know if you are ready to keep up with classes when they begin. You must meet the minimum scores but don’t worry!
- If you’ve taken either the Accuplacer or the TABE test, feel free to submit your scores to determine if you already have qualifying scores for your program of choice.
- You may make multiple attempts. Test preparation and tutoring is available for future students.
- The tests vary based on your program of interest.
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet with a Financial Aid Advisor. One of the easiest steps in the process. Your Financial Aid Coordinator will ensure you will not pay any tuition out of your own pocket and will not have any student loans.
For this appointment you will bring the following:
- FAFSA form completed online 3 business day prior to appointment. This is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid. Visit Financial Aid page for more information.
- Picture ID
- GED and the I.T. progam does not require FAFSA
Attend New Student Orientation before classes begin.
- There you will receive your New Student Materials such as map of campus, parking passes, etc., meet your Advisor and Program staff, meet your fellow classmates, and learn more about resources available to Summit students.
Additional items for Adult Education Students
Students are required to have earned a high school diploma or GED, this must be made available if requested. (Summit’s GED Training Program is available for students without a GED or high school diploma)