STEP 1: Attend an information session. Information Sessions are offered at 10 am every Wednesday at Summit Academy OIC and take approximately 1-1.5 hours.
Summit Academy OIC
935 Olson Memorial Highway
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Visit the map for directions.
During the information session:
- You will get an in depth understanding of the programs that we are offering.
- You will sign up to take the entrance exams.
- Financial aid will be explained in detail. You will make also make a financial aid appointment in which you will meet with financial aid and admissions advisors.
STEP 3: Bring a valid state ID or driver’s license with you to enroll.
STEP 4: Take an Assessment Exam. The assessment exam is required and can be taken after each Information Session or by appointment.
- You may make multiple attempts. Test preparation and tutoring is available for future students.
- These tests must be passed before you can start class.
- The tests vary based on your program of interest.
STEP 5: Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet with an Financial Aid Advisor.
For this appointment you will bring the following:
- FAFSA form completed online 3 business day prior to appointment. This is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid. Visit Financial Aid page for more information.
- Picture ID
- Tax return transcript (upon request)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED (upon request)
STEP 6: Attend mandatory new student orientation on scheduled one week prior to start date.
Additional items for Adult Education Students:
- Students are required to have earned a high school diploma or GED, this must be made available if requested. (Construction GED Training Program is available for students without a GED or high school diploma)
- Complete a FAFSA to determine your eligibility at www.fafsa.ed.gov (3 business days prior to your financial aid appointment)
- Attend a financial aid appointment. Call 612-377-0150
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) students: High-school juniors or seniors that are actively enrolled in a high school.
- Complete the PSEO application with your parents and high school counselor.
- Complete all steps above except the financial aid appointment.