VOLUNTEER WITH SUMMIT
Summit Academy OIC is the perfect place to put your volunteer skills to action!
We’ve got a variety of opportunities to suit your schedule, from once-a-week commitments to just a few times each year. The amount of time you spend is up to you!
Not only will you learn more about Summit Academy and its mission, but you’ll get to know our students and have a very real impact on their lives.
Where are YOU most interested in helping?
- Our Summit Prep program, where you can tutor students in math or language arts once/week (long-term)
- Our Best Buy Teen Tech Center, where you can help teens learn and utilize computers, 3D printers, music and film production equipment, etc.
- Our STEM Saturday events, where you can help community shildren with fun, hands-on STEM activities (currently on hold)
- Our Brown Bag lunch seminars, where students learn about nonprofit organizations and other resources in our community
- Our Advisory Committees, where you can help Summit devise long-term strategic planning solutions
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Bianca Williams-Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-424-6723 for more information about becoming a Summit volunteer!
“My favorite thing about volunteering at Summit is that it’s an optimistic organization that helps students believe in themselves. I love the upbeat, can-do vibe of Summit. I leave Summit each Thursday with a smile on my face inspired by students who are working hard to make it happen for themselves.”
“I love working with the students, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and trying to help push them ahead in the areas where they need the most help. But, mostly, I find that I usually learn more from them than they do from me. I have gained tremendous respect for the students; motivation, drive, and willingness to overcome adversity.”
Are you looking for volunteer opportunities for your staff? Summit has several events and activities that might suit your organization.
In addition, you can “Double Your Donation” by matching hours donated by your employees for hours volunteered? (need more info here)
Reach out to Sarah Armstrong at email@example.com or call 612-278-7363 to learn more, or to share your own ideas!
“One of my favorite things about Summit is seeing the proud faces of students moving about the school, and the new self-esteem they beam with at their graduations.”