There are so many nonprofits to choose from when it comes to deciding where to donate. Here are just a few reasons why your donation to Summit will make a big impact:
- All training and services are NO COST TO STUDENTS! Grants and donations like yours cover the cost of tuition, textbooks, and affordable meals.
- Your support helps Summit provide training for industry-specific programs in high demand job fields like Construction, Healthcare, and IT.
- We meet students where they are at when they enter Summit’s doors and supply them with the tools they need for success; including discount bus passes, professional development luncheons, mock interviews, and resume workshops.
Preparing the workers of today, tomorrow, and the future for high growth careers.
- Summit is innovative and results driven; our 10-week GED program has a pass rate of 85%– higher than the national average! Since launching the program, we have awarded over 200 GEDs.
- Summit provides financial literacy training, structured tutoring, and lifetime career services.
- Summit breaks down barriers for people of color in each industry
- African Americans currently represent less than 3% of the IT workforce
- People of color make up only 5% of Minnesota’s construction industry
- 17% of healthcare employees in Minnesota are non-white
- Our training programs lead to successful career pathways. Over 80% of our career placements are within the student’s field of study. By working with our Industry Advisory Council, we are able to meet local employer job needs.
- The majority of Summit students nearly triple their annual salary upon program completion and job placement.
- Summit empowers our students to take charge of their lives and make positive changes for themselves and their families.
- Alongside community partners, Summit is working to increase our impact by starting community STEM programs for children and teens in Pre-K through 12th